This exciting opportunity is open to growers, consultants, poultry nutritionists, industry professionals and environmental specialists, with an interest in contributing to the profitability and sustainability of Australia’s chicken meat industry. Researchers that are not actively engaged in AgriFutures Chicken Meat Program funded research are also encouraged to apply. The Advisory Panel aims to have a diversity of experience and representation across the industry. This is also a fantastic opportunity for the next generation of chicken meat industry leaders to become involved.
The Chicken Meat Program is looking for applicants that have skills and experience in:
- Chicken meat farming (Grower)
- Environmental sustainability
- Poultry nutrition
About the AgriFutures Chicken Meat Program
The AgriFutures Chicken Meat Program invests in Research, Development and Extension (RD&E) that maximises opportunities to grow the long-term prosperity of the Chicken Meat Industry.
The Program has four key objectives as detailed in the Strategic RD&E Plan:
- Improving food safety of Australian chicken meat
- Develop and implement measures to improve industry’s impact on the environment
- Improve chicken meat production through the whole supply chain
- Improved ability to meet consumer needs
Each of these objectives are underpinned by a number of key focus areas that identify the priority areas that the Chicken Meat Program will invest in to achieve its objectives.
About the Advisory Panel
The Advisory Panel consists of people with a range of skills and experience in the research, farming, veterinary, nutrition and processing sectors of the chicken meat industry.
The Advisory Panel, in partnership with AgriFutures Australia, provides recommendations on the allocation of RD&E funding for the AgriFutures Chicken Meat Program.
AgriFutures Australia aims to maintain geographical, age and gender diversity to ensure that the Advisory Panel appropriately represents the Australian chicken meat industry.
Advisory Panel member roles & responsibilities
The core functions of AgriFutures Industry Advisory Panels are to ensure that RD&E investment remains industry-demand driven, including:
- Advising– providing advice on the industry requirements for investment through the development and monitoring of Strategic RD&E Plans
- Identifying – providing recommendations to AgriFutures on suitable RD&E opportunities and activities to address industry issues
- Aligning – providing feedback and investment advice on RD&E proposals submitted to AgriFutures to ensure investment is aligned to priorities in the respective Program’s Strategic RD&E Plan
- Awareness – representing the industry to advise and assist in the dissemination, adoption and commercialisation of RD&E activities.
Activities of the Program are funded by industry levy and Commonwealth funds, and any funds contributed from third parties. Advisory Panel members are recompensed for their services to AgriFutures Australia at rates determined by the Commonwealth’s Remuneration Tribunal.
Panel members may be required for up to 25 days per year and some travel is necessary.
Panel members that sit on the Chicken Meat Advisory Panel are unable to submit a research proposal in the capacity of Project Leader during their term on the Panel.
How to apply
Applicants are required to complete the application form, skills matrix and attach their CV (no longer than three pages) via the online application system.
As part of the application process applicants will be required to outline relevant experience in the Australian agricultural sector and expected contribution to the Advisory Panel.
Submissions close 12 noon AEST, Tuesday, 14 June 2022.
Senior Manager, Research
0499 384 037