Rice Breeding Australia Annual Results: September 2023 to August 2024
As part of this project, Rice Breeding Australia Ltd. (RBA) has rapidly evolved the previous rice breeding program despite significant challenges in its first year...
Published: 16 Jun 2006
Author(s): Fitzgerald, M.A., Reinke, R.F.
Download report PDFDownload
Purchase a hard copy - AUD $45.00
This report describes the Quality Evaluation Program (QEP), and improvements to the QEP. This report also describes the findings of the research program investigating rice quality. The key findings are in the following areas:
• starch structure and content,
• the effect of high temperatures and nitrogen nutrition on grain quality,
• the physiological basis of chalk,
• the interactions between starch and proteins that influence our measurements of eating quality, and
• the interactions between starch and proteins that define sensory perceptions of cooked rice.