Desmond R Cannon
Project code: PRJ-004337
Project stage: Closed
Project start date: Thursday, October 16, 2008
Project completion date: Tuesday, May 31, 2011
National Priority: HBE-Increase capacity within research community and future industry leaders
The project entails:
• researching, writing and preparing to print-ready stage RIRDC Honeybee Research News, a full-colour 4 page newsletter published four times a year to provide the industry with information on topical research from around the world as well as updates on current RIRDC funded projects, interviews with research workers, workshops and invited reviews
• maintaining the existing database of Honeybee organisations for distribution of the RIRDC Honeybee Research News and other Honeybee industry communications from RIRDC. This assumes the existing database is the property of RIRDC and can be provided to Des Cannon.
• liaising with printers and supplying mailing addresses and other information to enable the distribution of the printed newsletter.
As there has not been a newsletter since May 2005, Des Cannon proposes producing January 2009 and April editions, which would fall in the first financial year of the project. In the second financial year there would be four editions, in August/September 2009, December 2009, March 2010 and June 2010 to put the cycle back on track. The third financial year would have editions in September and December 2010, and March and June 2011. This would see 11 editions in the three years of the contract.
Desmond R Cannon
To achieve widespread dissemination and use of R&D information by the Honeybee industry by:
• writing and distributing RIRDC Honeybee Research News
• maintaining the existing database of Honeybee organisations