Please note this opportunity is available to Australian citizens or permanent residents only.
Each year AgriFutures sponsors participants to apply for a Nuffield Australia Scholarship. We are excited to offer the opportunity to those working in an AgriFutures levied or emerging industry to apply for a sponsored position in the program. The successful applicant will receive $35,000 to travel overseas and study innovative farming practices.
Applications for the 2024 program are open now.
More about Nuffield
Established in 1951, Nuffield Australia is a leading agricultural scholarship organisation, building capacity for producers, their businesses, industry and rural communities.
Nuffield offers a unique program allowing Australian primary producers a chance to travel and study.
In addition to the scholarship itself, Scholars are welcomed into a global network – over 500 Nuffield Scholars in Australia and almost 2,000 worldwide.
About the Scholarship
To be eligible you must be:
- Typically between 28-45 years of age (Please note that exceptional candidates outside this age range will be considered).
- A citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- Intending to remain involved in food and fibre industries in Australia.
To be eligible for an AgriFutures-funded scholarship, you must be a member of one of the following industries:
Honey Bee & Pollination
Tea Tree Oil
or an AgriFutures Australia emerging industry, listed here.
Value of the scholarship:
- $35,000 bursary, subject to guidelines to cover costs associated with the study and reporting
- $3,000 of the bursary will be withheld as an assurance on the submission of an approved report
- Likely costs exceeding the bursary value must be met by the scholar.
Selection will be made based on:
- From a written application and introductory video;
- By a state-based face-to-face interview; and
- A final national, face-to-face interview.
How to apply
To be considered for a 2024 scholarship, you apply in 2023. Research and travel start in 2024.
Applications for 2024 close on Friday 9 June 2023.
Nuffield Australia recommends that eligibility criteria and selection guidelines must be understood and agreed to before submitting an application.