Foundations of DirectorshipTM Online for Ignite Network
AgriFutures Australia is committed to supporting the people who are driving, and will drive, the future prosperity of Australian rural industries and communities.
AgriFutures Australia currently has an opportunity for members of the Ignite Network to participate in the Australian Institute of Company Directors – Foundations of Directorship™ Online. Applications open on Monday, 2 August 2021 and close Friday, 27 August 2021.
About the Australian Institute of Company Directors – Foundations of Directorship™ Online
Course commencement dates: Tuesday, 12 October 2021
Course Introduction Session: Tuesday, 12 October 2021 from 5pm-6pm EST
Virtual classrooms: Each Tuesday for three weeks commencing 26 October 2021. Completion date Tuesday 9 November 2021
Location: Online utilising Zoom video conferencing
The Australian Institute of Company Directors is Australia’s leading provider of governance education and development programs, governance assessment services and Board advisory services.
AgriFutures Australia is offering members of the AgriFutures Ignite Network the opportunity to participate in the Foundations of DirectorshipTM Online.
The Foundations of DirectorshipTM Online is designed to ensure that participants not only understand their roles and responsibilities, but also improve their contributions to Board performance.
The 11-week course provides current and relevant information and case references; and aims to be informative, thought-provoking and practical. Upon completion, it is trusted that participants’ confidence will be enhanced to face the challenges and reap the rewards of directorship, both in the short-term and as their director career progresses.
Who should apply?
- The Australian Institute of Company Directors – Foundations of DirectorshipTM Online is designed for new and aspiring experienced directors, experienced directors seeking a refresher course and executives seeking insights into working with directors. It is best suited to participants who are comfortable with online learning and are keen to build connections with their fellow online learners.
- Members of AgriFutures Australia Ignite Network.
- Applicants are required to respond to a number of selection criteria.
- The program will be delivered online.
- All applicants must be available to attend all three days of virtual classrooms online over three weeks from Tuesday, 26 October 2021 until Tuesday, 9 November 2021. These dates are not flexible. The position is not transferable.
- AgriFutures Australia stakeholders are encouraged to submit an application online, to be assessed and selected by AgriFutures Australia staff.
- Membership for one year to the Australian Institute of Company Directors is included as part of this scholarship and it is expected participants will pass the Foundations of DirectorshipTM Certificate and provide confirmation of completion to AgriFutures Australia.
- After completion of the three-day program, participants will be given six weeks to complete the assessment. During this time participants will have access to a Learning Support Executive (LSE) who supports, motivates and enables each participant as they work towards achieving their learning aspirations.
|Date and Time||Milestone|
|Tuesday, 12 October 2021||Course commencement|
|Tuesday, 12 October 2021 from 5pm-6pm EST||Course Introduction Session (virtual classroom)|
|Tuesday, 26 October||Virtual Classrooms Days 1|
|Tuesday, 2 November 2021||Virtual Classrooms Days 2|
|Tuesday, 9 November 2021||Virtual Classrooms Days 3|
|Tuesday, 21 December 2021||Assessment due|
Online deliveries utilising Zoom video conferencing
- Every participant will need a computer or tablet, headset (headphones) with a microphone to be able to participate in discussions. The online delivery has been designed around everyone contributing via their own device. Use of a smartphone is not recommended.
- Webcam functionality is highly recommended, and
- Access to reliable, high speed internet (we recommend a minimum bandwidth of 4Mbps for uploads and downloads).
- Applications open on Monday, 2 August 2021
- Applications close and close Friday, 27 August 2021.
- Applicants notified by Friday,17 September 2021
- Foundations of DirectorshipTM Online: 12 October – 9 November 2021
Manager, Capacity Building
Phone: 0409 611 633