AgriFutures Chicken Meat Program RD&E Snapshot
As we head into a new research, development and extension (RD&E) period for the Australian chicken meat industry (2022–2027), it is timely to reflect on...
Published: 6 Sep 2011
Download report PDFDownload
Purchase a hard copy - AUD $45.00
Chicken Meat RIRDC Completed Projects 2010–2011 and Research in Progress at June 2011 contains short summaries of projects funded by the Program. The Chicken Meat Program aims to support increased sustainability in the chicken meat industry through focused research and development.
The objectives for the Chicken Meat Program are:
1. Production efficiency for profit, climate change response and food security outcomes
2. Animal welfare – a proactive response that includes objective standards and training
3. Food safety – for enhanced consumer confidence and industry returns
4. Addressing climate change, delivering resource use efficiency and environmental outcomes
5. Market research and intelligence gathering to inform industry decision making
6. Collaboration to deliver human capital formation and extension outcomes.