RIRDC produces Research in Progress summaries of continuing projects and those completed during 2007–2008. Our intention is to:
• give stakeholders early access to the results of ongoing and completed work to inform their decisions, and
• inform researchers of results to shape research directions.
The complete report on all programs is on our website at http:www.rirdc.gov.au.
The Food Integrity and Biosecurity program aims to deliver research and development to enable Australia to maintain its ability to deal with the threats that pests, disease and bio-terrorism pose to food, crops and to livestock, and to enable access to national and international markets.
The program has five objectives, namely to:
1. Assist RIRDC industries meet national and international market demands
2. Facilitate extension and communication of research activities
3. Address the risks posed by peri-urban producers, regional production and alternative distribution
4. Develop biosecurity and food integrity management tools for RIRDC industries
5. Optimise investment in surveillance for food integrity and biosecurity (FIB)
This report is an addition to RIRDC’s diverse range of over 1800 research publications, which are available for viewing, downloading or purchasing online through our website: